So, I'm setting up this new blog, to get my message out and to keep a log of the little miracles that happen in my day-to-day life as a chiropractic doctor. It'll be a little reminder of why I'm doing this and why others should know about chiropractic and its different forms.
First off I guess I should tell you a little about myself:
I'm Dr. Franchesca Lee, DC. I practice in my hometown of Calgary, Alberta in the Northwest quadrant of the city. I practice a form of chiropractic called NUCCA which stands for the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association.
In essence, NUCCA is NOT a crack and pop type of technique most people think of when they think of chiropractic. It's a very specific technique that has worked wonders on me and several of my patients. In the 5 years I've been in practice (though I did take a year hiatus due to a ruptured achilles), Ive seen so many little miracles I thought I'd better write some of it down in case I ever get jaded or forget why I'm doing this.
Let's see...I've helped a 25 year old guy get back to work after suffering a disc herniation, helped a woman with jaw pain which wouldn't go away after 10 years (who also saw a visible improvement in her eyesight after the first adjustment which I thought was really cool!) and my latest case:
A 60 year old retired RN. She had to retire 20 years ago after helping a patient. She suffered a disc herniation and has pretty much been having pain and numbness in her back and right leg and foot. Bad enough that she has to use a walker, spends most of her time lying down as even sitting for 5 minutes causes her excruciating pain, was admitted into the hospital for 2 weeks (recently) for pain management and prescribed medication even stronger than morphine! Anyway, I've had her for a patient for the past 3 weeks now. She's down-graded her walker to a cane and best of all has gone from insanely strong pain medication to NONE at all!!! Pretty sweet huh? And all without cracking the neck. Thank you NUCCA!
All I can say now is NUCCA's done some amazing stuff...I think my next blog will be how NUCCA helped me. In the meantime, feel free to check out some NUCCA information at the following links:
www.crowwestwellness.ca/nucca
www.nucca.org
www.upcspine.com
Thanks for reading!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment