So this coming summer (2010) is going to be my 3rd dragon boating season in Calgary. I'm so looking forward to it! I decided to step it up a level and joined a slightly more competitive team: Calgary Race Club. Their practice schedule fits in so much better with my work schedule and I'm so ecstatic that they have an off-season fitness program as well! That means I won't be so stiff and sore after that first practice of the season.
Since we're on the topic of paddling, dragon boating and out-riggers, I am going to recommend, as the new team chiropractor (heehee) to all those other teams out there that they should be switching sides during every practice! First of all, practicing only on one side means you're only proficient on one side (and what happens if you have to cover for a paddler who paddles on the other side?) and it also mean major muscle imbalances in the back, shoulder and abdominal areas. In other words, a chiropractors worse nightmare. Can you imagine bigger muscles pulling on one side of the spine? Major curvature problem! Eak! That's like asking someone to voluntarily have scoliosis...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment